Saturday, September 14, 2013

New opportunities

Something kind of crazy is on the horizon.
My husband's grandma passed away recently and there is the matter of her estate.   It looks like a real possibility that we would be moving into her house in the not too distant future.  It is almost the exact same square footage as our house we have now.  The yard is a lot smaller.  The layout is kinda weird but our mortgage would be literally half of what we are paying now.  We would be in a neighborhood, not a subdivision with fees.  It makes me sad to move the kids to a different school.  We would be moving in the spring when school is over.  I get kind of skittish about change, especially change this big.  it would be nice because we could slowly remodel things over the winter and get our house ready to sell.  We would be living in the Point, which would be cool. 
I would get to dictate the entire remodel of the kitchen and adding an addition.  I am excited about the possibilities.  With the house we bought, it was the height of the market and up until very recently, our mortgage was under water. 
It would be nice to have a lower down payment and be able to seriously upgrade.  To FINALLY have the kitchen I've always wanted.  We were going to upgrade our kitchen then the heater broke, then the roof had to be replaced.  There has always been some huge expense that stopped us from remodeling like I wanted to.  We'll see.  Everything is in the "talking" phase right now. 
I look forward to see where it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment